Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mockingjay

Title: Mockingjay
Author: Suzanne Collins
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction
Price: $22.99
ISBN: 978-0545310604

After much anticipation, I finally, finally got a hold of a copy of Suzanne Collin's novel, Mockingjay, which brings an end to her Hunger Games trilogy. Without revealing too much, what we have here is two major decisions to be made by the series main character, Katniss. One, will she take the mantel of leader in the rebellion against the Capitol of Panem (whether or not this role of leader is just as a figurehead or not will be determined). The other is who Katniss will choose as her "lover" (for a lack of a better way to put it). There is Gale, her best friend from childhood who she had hunted with and had always held a special place for in her heart. Then there is Peeta, with whom she had competed with in the Hunger Games and had shared extremely harrowing experiences.

I don't want to reveal too much about the book, because it's one of those books where if you know one thing, it might ruin others. The most I can say from here is that I liked the book...a lot. I read it in about a day, because I simply could not put it down. I felt as though the book gave a fairly solid and good ending to the series. There feels as though there is no room for any other books (which I like--I hate it when an author says she's ending a series, then doesn't) and as a reader, all issues that had been presented earlier in this book or the previous two feel settled. That doesn't mean I'm happy with everything that happened, and I felt as though there are still some loose ends.

For more information, please check out my previous blog posts on the first two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment